What works and what doesn't for keeping us protected in the outdoors.
We also have a blog dedicated completely to minimalist and barefoot shoes - Toe Salad.
Human powered adventure almost always requires footwear. Your feet are your foundation; footwear and foot health can make all the difference between success and failure over both the short and long term.
Toe Salad is a publication dedicated to the health of active feet. We are the resource for walkers, runners, hikers, and backpackers who put health first.
- Getting Ready for Winter Activity - A collection of posts to help you keep warm this winter.
- You Are my Pouffie and I Love You - My pouffies are key clothing pieces that keep me happy in the outdoors.
- Taking a Hiking Break - This fall we're doing community cross-country races instead of hiking every week.
- Minimalist Trail Shoes - Promising new minimalist shoes for trail use.
- Pant Eaters: A Challenge to Outdoor Clothing Maufacturers - We issue a challenge to clothing manufacturers to come up with durable, lightweight kids's pants.
- Summer Day Hiking Checklist - The list we use for our summer hiking.
- Introducing Toe Salad - Our minimalist shoe community.
- On Trial: Footwear for Fall/Winter/Spring 2010-2011 - A peek at what we're wearing on our feet this season.
- Fall Hiking Clothing Checklist - What we wear and pack for a fall hike.
- Will 2011 be the Year of Minimalist Footwear? - It looks like 2011 is going to be the year that the market explodes with new products.
- Underpants - Underwear that does double duty as base layer and swim wear.
- Keeping Feet Warm in the Winter - Cold feet will thwart winter outdoor activity, we have a few ideas to help you keep your feet warm.
- Does this mean I am a sewist? - Sewing our own outdoor and active wear clothing.
- MYOG (Make Your Own Gear) - Resources to make your own outdoor clothing and gear.
- Gentian Pond Backpacking - Successes and Failures - Gear and trip reflections from our first summer family backpacking trip.
- Finding High-Quality Children's Outdoor Gear - Hint: Don't look in the children's section.
- 4 Reasons We Shop at Patagonia - We really do like their clothing and philosophy.